- How to use your Android Smartphone as a Remote for MAC PC or Notebook [Tips & Tricks]
- Sony Xperia Z1 and Sony Smartwatch 2 launched in India – Specs, Features and Price
- How to Backup your Android smartphone without Rooting or Unlocking [Easy Tutorial]
- 5 Best Google Chrome Extensions [Make the most out of them]
- How to access free 2G/3G Internet on Airtel and Vodafone network [Cell Phone Tricks]
Google+ is one of the most used social web after Facebook and Twitter. Mainly popular for it’s Hangout facility in place, it also helps to promote your website around circles. While, most of the social media sites like, Facebook and Twitter had the feature of Custom URL since their inception, Google+ is a bit too late for it’s users.
Until now, Google+ pages and user accounts were having a very complicated URL structure which was something like this,
Now, as we all know that memorizing this address is a difficult task, so just like Facebook, Google+ also came up with Google+ Custom URL where you can make this URL short by just replacing this address with name of your page. Like, the one given below,
It is both easy to remember and looks a bit more organized. At a time, when Google+ is grappling to make a mark on Social Media it has launched this feature very late which could have been more profitable if brought earlier.
As the outline about the topic is already given as to what actually is Custom URLs, let’s jump into the configuration details. But before we began, there are some pre-requisites that your page need to full fill in order to be eligible for Custom URLs.
Condition to be met
- Should have at least 10+ followers or people in your circle.
- Teh account should be atleast 1 month old.
Custom URL for Google Plus Profile Page
Step 1) Go to your GMail account and look for an email from Google+ team about Custom URLs for your page.
Step 2) Click on the Get URL Label which will direct you to the concerned Google+ page. Now, it will prompt you to the page where you’ve to make the final confirmation.
Step 3) Remember, once you’ve changed the URL it cannot be reverted back. Click, Change URL and then Claim URL, that’s it you’re done.
Now, that you’ve switched to Custom URL you need to strictly adhere to Google’s content policy inorder to continue using Custom URL structure. Also, Google reserve the right to take back this feature at any time or may even charge an amount in future.